The PE and Sports Premium is funded by the Department for Education, with the purpose of enabling schools to have funding. This can be spent on the PE and sports department of any eligible school to increase physical education, active lifestyles and sports for all primary school pupils.
Sports Premium in March 2013 the Government announced that all Primary Schools would be receiving Sport Premium funding. Here is how we have used this investment to date:
- Deliver staff training through whole school Inset training.
- Develop staff knowledge and innovation
- Provide bespoke support to individual class teachers.
- Introduce a new curriculum to meet our learner’s needs.
- Enhance opportunities for our students to experience competitive sport.Enhance opportunities for our students to experience intra and inter school competitions
- Develop links with local schools and sports organisations.
- Create a wider-range of extra-curricular sports offer.
- Further investment will go towards purchase of equipment, resources and providing swimming lessons.