We know that the begining of the day can be difficult for some children and this can then impact the rest of their day.
As part of our wellbeing initiative and drive to support children in all areas: personally, socially, physically, academically and emotionally, our inclusion team have introduced a Nurture Breakfast.
The breakfast is be run by Ms Lopez and two support workers who will be preparing some morning snacks (a choice of cereal, fruit and juice/ water) and modelling conversations, manners and being curious about one another. The aim of this breakfast is to:
- Give children a slow and consistent transition into school each morning;
- Encourage and model friendships and communication;
- Offer breakfast to ensure they are ready for a day of learning and a social atmosphere to start the day;
- Talk them through their day on an individual basis to ensure they are fully prepared for the day ahead;
- Ensure children look forward to a ‘soft start’ each morning to better the morning routines coming in to school.
From this intervention, we hope that children look forward to coming to school; have a safe, calm and routines start to the day; and they benefit from the social interactions with children across the school.
The breakfast group will run from 8.45am-9.10am so children can come through the playground gates or front office at 8.45am and go straight into the Play Centre room where it will be held. Children will be registered and taken back to class to start learning for 9.15am.