How has the pandemic affected education?
We were so sad to have to close our school to many of our children ans families during the peak of COVID-19, however, following Government guidance and with the hope of keeping everyone safe we -like every other school- rethought our whole approach to education and did the best we could.
Having children miss coming in to school meant that they missed out on some vital stepping stones, some including:
- quality first teaching
- bespoke interventions
- group/ partner work
- in-school resources
- …and many more!
How can we help your child academically recover from the pandemic?
The Government have announced a number of programmes and activities to support pupils to make up education missed as a result of the pandemic.
As a school, we have planned and delivered on the following:
- A bespoke recovery curriculum
- Booster clubs for Y2, Y5 and Y6
- Extensive provision map for interventions and target groups for accelerated progress
- Laptops for all Year 6 children to achieve all of the work and homework projects set
- Catch-up premium
- Summer school programme
- Tutoring (including the National Tutoring Programme and 16 to 19 tuition fund)
- Teacher training opportunities
- Curriculum resources
Further information is available on education recovery support.